How to Troubleshoot ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error?
Several Google Chrome users have encountered an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error while attempting to access a website. Since there are countless good reasons why Google Chrome is among the best web browsers in the business, it is right that it has become quite bloated over the past years. However, no one can refuse the fact that it is still ahead of the competition.
If you have been working on Google Chrome for quite any period, the possibilities are you’ve faced some problems with no idea how to fix them. We understand how frustrating this state can be. This guide will explain to you how to resolve the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error on the Chrome browser.
Causes of the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error
There will be one or two sentences describing the error when you face the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error, so you could identify why this error appears. Now here is the list of the causes.
- Too much browser cache.
- A poor network connection.
- Problematic temp lists.
- Running applications, such as incorrect extensions that could harm or corrupt the Google Chrome browser.
After you have identified the causes of the failure, now you can follow the techniques below to solve the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error.
Fixes of the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error
Use Incognito mode
You can navigate to a new incognito window by clicking Menu ->New incognito window or holding Ctrl+Shift+N hotkey. Now, try if you can reach the website directly.
Clear the browsing data of your browser
There may be problems with your browser’s browsing data, so you are facing the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error. Try deleting the browsing data and view if this resolves your mistake. To perform so:
- Hold the Ctrl+Shift+Delete hotkey (on PC’s keyboard) at the same time.
- Pick a time range from the start of time, verify all the data, and then press the Clear browsing data key.
The history data of your browser has been removed. Now see if this solved your ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error. Probably it did. But if not, there are still some other fixes you can attempt.
Bad DNS, Reset network
There are points when a network goes absurd due to bad DNS. This might be the cause of why the browser is displaying the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE, so it’s time to reset the whole network in investments for a fix.
Press on the Start button, then type Command Prompt. The search results should display the Command Prompt, right-click on it, and click Run as administrator.
Once the CMD is up and working, please enter the following commands one by one, and hit Enter after each command.
netshintip set DNS
netsh Winsock reset
This will clean the DNS cache, reset Winsock, and reset TCP/IP.
Updating your Device Drivers
You are likely receiving the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error because you have an inappropriate or old version of the network ativan 2mg tablet buy online adapter driver. If you require to get rid of the problem, it is significant that you update your drivers. You have three choices for updating your network adapter driver:
- Via the Device Manager
- Obtaining the Driver from the Manufacturer’s site
- Updating PC’s Drivers with the use of Auslogics Driver Updater
Through the Device Manager
One other method to update the PC’s network adapter driver is using the Device Manager on your computer. Follow the steps below:
- Hold Windows Key+R hotkey on your keyboard to launch the Run dialog box.
- Once the Run dialog box is popped out, enter “devmgmt.msc” (no quotes), then press Enter.
- Open the contents of the ‘Network adapters’ section.
- Right-click on the network adapter, then select Update Driver from the options.
Google Chrome extensions can be somewhat helpful in your daily tasks, but you must retain in mind that they are third parties’ programs, not of Google organization itself. This implies that there is no assurance that anybody is updating them, and sometimes they can produce issues like the “ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE” error you are trying to fix.
- Press on the Menu key, then select More tools –>Extensions.
- Disable all of them, then verify if the site loads. If it does, one of your extensions is to accuse. Switch them on one by one to discover the culprit, then delete that one.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus
Firewall and antivirus applications will shield you, but sometimes they object unnecessarily over the content they perceive dangerous. If you believe the site, you can attempt to disable this security temporarily.
Here is how to begin it in Windows 10:
- Enter ‘firewall’ in the search box of Windows and press Enter.
- Press Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Untick Block all incoming connections inside Windows Defender Firewall.
Clear Chrome Host Cache
You can also remove the Google Chrome Host cache. Start Google Chrome and a new Incognito window by pressing the three dots in the top-right corner and choosing “New incognito window”. Alternatively, hold the Ctrl + Shift + N hotkeys on the PC’s keyboard. Under the incognito window, press on the address bar and insert this address: “chrome://net-internals/#dns”, and then hit Enter. Locate and press the “Clear host cache” key. Check if this fixes the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error.
Delete Temporary Files
Windows PCs have a Temp folder where it stores temporary files. These are likely creating your issue.
- In the search box of Windows, type Run and hit Enter.
- In the dialog box that rises, enter ‘Temp’ and press OK. This will bring you to the Temp folder. Make sure you are using your PC as an administrator.
- In the folder, hold Ctrl+A hotkey to select all files. Right-click the chosen files and press Delete.
Verify if the problem has been removed.
We assume that one of the above answers fixed the “ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE” error, and you are now able to use Google Chrome to tour websites without any difficulties.