How to Steal Your Competitors Backlink in 2021
Do you want to steal your competitor’s backlink? Think of backlinks as votes of reliance on your website from other websites. One of the easiest ways to create backlinks to your website is getting sites that are already linking to your competitors. The idea goes that if a website is linking out to your competition, there is a good chance that they will link the following to your website as well.
In this post, I’ll walk you through a step method to find backlink opportunities by commanding the sites linking to your competitors.
Steps to Find Your Competitor’s Backlinks
- Identify your competitors
- Find websites previously linking to your competitors.
- Monitor new opponent backlinks in real-time
- Monitor competitor brand specifying in real-time
- Turn brand specifying into backlinks.
Identify your competitors
When doing a competing backlink analysis, the first step in the process is to identify your competitors. From my experience, there can be up to two main types of competitors you can examine.
- Search competitors these are websites ranking for the exact keywords you are targeting in Google.
- Traditional competitors: Businesses that offer the same goods and assistance as you are often located in your business’s exact general neighborhood. These are your direct business rivals.
Your search competitors will often look different from your established competitors. However, there can be some overlap.
Start by making a list of both your search opponents and your traditional competitors, along with their websites. We will use these lists in the next part of our investigation.
You can choose to analyze their backlink outline via a backlink checker on either the domain level or the page level for search opponents.
Domain-level link analysis will look at all backlinks leading to their entire domain. A page-level study will only analyze one specific page on their website.
To decide which analysis performs more sense for you, check to see if your competitor is standing for their homepage or a specific page on their websites like a blog post or an assistance page.
Find sites already linking to your competitors
One of the best ways to find websites that are already connecting to your competitors is using a link-intersect tool. A link-intersect tool works by analyzing the backlink contours of multiple competitors to find websites that currently link to your competition but not to your website.
The idea here is that if a website links too many competitors, there is a good chance they will also link to your website.
There are many tools that you can use to achieve a link intersect. I’ve highlighted some of the more popular tools below:
- Moz Link Intersect
- Ahrefs link intersect
- Backlink Gap -Semrush
A link-intersect report is super easy to run. All you need is the list of search competitors you made in the last step in enhancement to your website.
- Start by entering your website in the top division, where it says “discover link possibilities for this URL.”
- Scroll down to the next section and enter your competitor’s websites one at a time.
- Once you have finished adding all the competitor websites you wish to examine, click the find possibilities button.
- A list will be produced with all the websites that currently link to your opponents but not to your website.
You can then decide to export these websites to a prospecting list when you are willing to reach out and ask for a link back to your website.
Monitor new backlink opportunities in real-time
One of my preferred ways to search for new backlink opportunities is to control competitors’ backlinks in real-time.
There are two main advantages to doing this:
- You can track current link structure and digital PR strategies to see what’s working for your competition.
- You can immediately target those same websites for backlinks to stay competing in the search results.
My favorite tool for controlling backlink opportunities in real-time is Buzzsumo.
To get started, sign up for a free Buzzsumo account, log in, and source to the monitoring page.
From there, click the alerts buy valium usa dropdown in the top left control and click on backlinks. You will then be inspired to generate a backlink alert.
Start by creating a name for the alert and calculating the specific URL or domain you want to track backlinks.
You also have the option to track backlinks to a particular page or any page on the domain. Which one you choose can depend on whether you are following domain-level backlinks or page-level backlinks.
For this example, we will choose links to the exact URL, which will perform all the page-level backlinks for that page.
Next, click on the filters & information settings and scroll down to the part on how you would like to be alerted. I recommend choosing the setting for instant email alerts each time a result is found. Finish by clicking creates an alert.
You will now be notified by email the secondary a new backlink shows up for your competitors.
Monitor your competitor’s brand mentions in real-time
Tracking competitor brand specifying can be a great way to uncover more possible backlink opportunities for your website.
A contender brand naming is defined as any time your competitor’s brand is communicated online. By tracking these mentions, you can find websites covering your opponents that you can target for coverage of your brand.
There are two tools that I suggest using for tracking competitor brand mentions:
- Google Alerts
On top of your competitor’s brand name, it can also be effective to set up alerts for branded services, company founders, CEOs, as well as variations of their business name. This will allow you to find even more possibilities where the direct company name is not considered.
Follow the steps below to track opponent brand mentions in Google Alerts:
- Enter your competitors’ brand name surrounded by quotes where it says, “Create an alert about.” By using quotes, you will find brand mentions for the exact grammar of their brand name.
- Select the regularity of how often you would like to receive these alerts. I like as-it-happens, but the recurrence is up to you.
- Select your language.
- Select the region in which you are located.
- Select all results under how many.
- Select the email address your alerts should be mailed to.
- Click create an alert.
You will now be emailed every time your competitor’s brand name is mentioned online. We will include how you can leverage these brand mentions for backlink possibilities in the following segment.
Turning brand mentions into backlinks
So now that you have a list of competitor brands specifying, how can you go about applying these into backlinks for your website?
- Start by producing a working list of all your competitor’s brand mentions.
- Go through each opportunity to see if your brand is specified on their website.
- If yes, look and see if they are connecting back to your website. If they are, proclaim and move on to the next moment.
- If no, reach out to either the author of the post or the primary contact on the website and ask if they would be willing to include a link back to your website with the naming of your brand.
- If your brand is not mentioned on their website, take unusual time to examine the context of how your comper is mentioned.
- If it’s a post mentioning or linking to multi competitors, this could be an excellent opportunity to ask for a link to your website.
- If they link to a specific page like a competitor’s blog post, it might be worth pitching a common resource you have on that subject.
- If you don’t have anything common, it might be worth investing the time to create a better and more up-to-date resource that you could then ask them to cover and link back to.
There is not a one size fits all passageway to this strategy. My advice is to look for trends in the types of media futage your competitors’ brands are getting. Brainstorm creative ways to replicate their strategy by creating new and exciting content on your website.